Here’s your chance to showcase your analysis skills to the Safal Niveshak tribe, and in the process win a prize if your entry gets chosen amongst the best.
- Write a 3,000 word (max.) report on one listed Indian company of your choice.
- You may submit more than one report, but will be eligible for only one prize.
- Deadline for report submission is 25th March 2018
- Email your report in a Word file to vishal[at]safalniveshak[dot]com with the subject line as – “Value Investing Contest 2018 – Company Name – Your Name”
- The stock must have a market capitalization of more than Rs 500 crore
The idea must be well researched (by you). Your analysis must cover these areas:
- Company history and business
- Moat analysis (if moat exists)
- Financial strength (provide data/charts to support your analysis)
- Management quality (have they been good or bad allocators of capital)
- Risks (what can go wrong)
- Valuation (no price targets required; challenge the market’s current valuation instead of calculating your own)
- The report would be exclusive to Safal Niveshak. But you can post an abstract at other places and link to the full report on Safal Niveshak.
What Not To Do
Avoid hard-selling the idea, especially if you already own the stock. 🙂
Also, in your report, please make a mention whether you own the stock or not.
Evaluation & Rewards
I will evaluate each submitted entry ONLY on the depth and simplicity of analysis, though good presentation and proper language is more than welcome (would save us editing time!)
There are three prizes to be won (delivery in India only) –
- 1st Prize – Books of choice worth Rs 5,000/-
- 2nd Prize – Books of choice worth Rs 3,000/-
- 3rd Prize – Books of choice worth Rs 2,000/-
All submitted entries would be published on Safal Niveshak (the author can remain anonymous if he/she wants).
This contest is now open. Remember, the deadline for submission is 25th March 2018.