Let’s Start with Safal Niveshak
Just in case you missed any of this on Safal Niveshak over the last few days…
- Warren Buffett completes 83 years on this planet today. A good way to wish the legend is to get inspired by a few amazing words of wisdom he has said over these years. Here are 10 Buffett quotes – Part 1 and Part 2 – to inspire you.
- As markets continue their fall, here are five stocks I’m watching . (Statutory Warning: Acting on any of these stocks without doing your homework may be injurious to your wealth and health).
- I mentally sold off all my stocks , and loved the entire process of doing it. Try selling your own stocks mentally. Believe me, it’ll be an enlightening experience.
- Closed admissions to the first batch of The Safal Niveshak Mastermind after an over-whelming response. Thank you tribesmen! In case you missed out joining, you can now pre-register for the second batch that will open in a few months.
I was re-reading Warren Buffett’s 1962 letter to shareholders and came across these words…
A lot of value can be obtained for the price paid. This substantial excess of value creates a comfortable margin of safety in each transaction. This individual margin of safety, coupled with a diversity of commitments creates a most attractive package of safety and appreciation potential.
Here is something from his 1992 letter that must be the cornerstone of every value investor’s philosophy…
We insist on a margin of safety in our purchase price. If we calculate the value of a common stock to be only slightly higher than its price, we’re not interested in buying. We believe this margin-of-safety principle, so strongly emphasized by Ben Graham, to be the cornerstone of investment success.
Stimulate Your Mind
Here’s some amazing content I read during the week gone by…
- Forbes carried a nice piece on the eight ways to think like Warren Buffett .
- Another Forbes stuff, this time the top 100 quotes to inspire you .
- Nassim Taleb, author of The Black Sawn and Antifragile, offers 5 ways to have a great day .
- When Buffett was just 21, here is how he thought and analyzed a company 🙂
- Some really interesting suggestions on saving the Indian rupee .
Well, if you haven’t done it already, sign up here to receive Poke the Box in your email…and get ready for stimulating Friday mornings.
Embrace your failures.
Be nice to your family.
Be kind to your heart.
Till next weekend…
Chief Poker – Poke the Box